Competition RulesNewsquest, East London and West Essex Competition Rules
- No employee of Newsquest, East London and West Essex, or its associated
companies or any company associated with a particular competition, promotion
or game, or any member of their family may enter.
- Unless otherwise specified, all entries must be made using the entry
form(s) printed in the newspaper. No photocopies will be accepted.
- Prizes are as stated. No alternative prizes cash or otherwise will be
- Entries must be received by the published closing date to be admissible.
- It is a condition of entry that publicity may be given to any competition
winners and/or entrants and that their names and/or photographs may be
published in Newsquest, East London and West Essex newspapers.
- In circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Newsquest, East London
and West Essex, the editor reserves the right, with absolute discretion, to
disqualify any entry, add to or amend any rules, or to cancel the whole or
part of any competition, game or promotion at any stage without prior
notification. The decision of the editor on all matters relating to
competitions will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event of more than one correct entry being received the editor's
decision on the tie-breaker question(s) or other criteria as deemed
appropriate will decide the winner(s) of any competition, game or promotion.
- The winning entry will be the first correct entry drawn at random after the
published closing date of the competition. Subsequent entries will then be
drawn at random until there are enough entry winners to account for each
- Where Newsquest, East London and West Essex offers prizes on behalf of
another company, that company will be responsible for providing the prizes in
full. Newsquest, East London and West Essex cannot be held responsible for any
failure to provide prizes as specified and all enquiries in reference to such
prizes will be referred to the associated companies.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these rules and those published
alongside a particular competition, promotion or game, the editor's decision
will be final.
- A list of winners will be provided on receipt of a written request and a
stamped, addressed envelope.
- Any closing date for entries and/or rules of play which is published as
part of any competition, promotion or game forms part of the rules for entry
of that competition, promotion or game.
- Proof of posting does not provide proof of receipt.
- No purchase/payment is required unless stated.
- Unless otherwise stated in competition-specific rules, competitions are
open to entrants of all ages with the proviso entrants under the age of 16
have the permission of their parent or guardian.
- All entries received including any photographs, if applicable will be
deemed to be the property of Newsquest, East London and West Essex, and
cannot, as such, be returned.
- Copies of competition entry forms are available (if applicable) from
Newsquest, East London and West Essex.
- If a competition appears (solely or in part) on the website(s) of
Newsquest, East London and West Essex, the rules of entry outlined above are
deemed to apply.
- In some instances, entry to a competition, promotion or game may be made
exclusively via the website(s) of Newsquest, East London and West Essex.
- Competition entries will be assessed for market analysis by Newsquest,
East London and West Essex, and then destroyed. Competition entries will not
be passed on to a third party for any reason whatsoever.